Comodo Firewall provides a set of security features that Windows’ firewall lacks. It keeps a better eye on incoming and outgoing connections and blocks malicious attacks, thus keeping your data safe and untouched.
The software can change your DNS servers to Comodo SecureDNS servers and enables “Cloud Based Behavior Analysis” of unrecognized programs from the beginning of the installation.
The installation process is free of complications and the user-interface is organized, yet user-friendly. The Summary section enables you to view the current status of the firewall and that of Defense+. Thanks to Comodo Firewall, you are able to visualize system events and get instant notifications when a malicious threat is infiltrating into your PC.
- Application Component Authentication – validates all the components of an application before allowing it internet access.
- Application Behavior Analysis – analyzes each application behavior and detects any suspicious activity before allowing internet access.
- Defense against Trojan Protocols – advanced protocol driver level protection
- Smart Alerts – Every alert includes a Security Consideration section with advice to users.
- Windows Security Center Integration – Windows XP SP2 recognizes Comodo Firewall Pro
- Self Protection against Critical Process Termination – cannot be shut down by Trojans, Spyware or viruses.
- PC Security during PC Start Up – includes the option to secure the host while the operating system is booting.
- Automatic Updater – includes an interactive automatic updater component so that users can check for updates any time.
- Error Reporting Interface – includes an XP style bug reporting interface.
- Firewall Logging – reveals all the activities with detailed descriptions of the events.
- Security Rules Interface – combines with an easy to use GUI.
- Application Activity Control – watches each application in detail by showing addresses, ports and amount of traffic.
- Graphical User Interface – enables or disables any part of the firewall with one click
- Application Recognition Database – recognizes over 10000 applications and determines their security risks.
Supported OS : Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
What’s new in Comodo Firewall 6.2.285401.2860 – 12 July / 2013:
* “Do not show this message again” does not work while updater is running
Homepage – http://personalfirewall.comodo.com
Where to download Comodo Firewall 6.2.285401.2860 :
Size : 45.2 MB